Sunday, May 15, 2011
NO ! ok dont worry here is a trick that allows you to access Pages By Using A Calculator!!!
1) When you open the windows calculator, calc.exe, you can go to help and then click help topics.
Note: This can be done through any of the basic Windows applications, such as notepad.
2) Right click on the title bar and go to 'Jump to URL'
3) Type your URL (Make sure you put in http:// eg: http://www.trickszilla.blogspot.com)
2) Finding the time of any location (time MUMBAI)
3) Google trick to search educational resources (keyword site:.edu)
4)Finding the weather of any location (mumbai weather)
5)Tracking commentary of live events (cwc india 2011)
6)Converting currencies (1 USD in INR)(10 US Dollars in Indian Rupee)
7) Using Google as a calculator (9 * 122)(13+236)(19-4)
8) how many seconds there are in a year (seconds in a year)
9) Tracking stocks (stocks:rel)
10)Finding faces (add imgtype=face to the URL)
11) Get Local Weather
Type: “weather [city name or zip/postal code]”
Example: “weather 400092 or “weather mumbai
12) Check Flight Status
Google automagically pulls flight data from FlightStats.com. All you have to do is enter the flight number. Type: [flight name and/or number]
Example: “bc254″ or “newyork21″
13) Convert Distances
Type: “[value] [first distance unit] to [second distance unit]”
Example: “100 kilometers to miles”
14 Find a Phone Number
Find a Person:
Type: “[person’s name], [city or zip/postal code]”
Example: “ ram , mumbai
Find a Business/store:
Type: “[business name or type], [city or zip/postal code]”
Example: “book store, mumbai
just press F11 and your browser will remove all toolbars, address bar and the full screen size will be utilized to view website.
To switch to normal mode, press F11 again.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Windows 7 includes a free image burning utility called the Windows Disc Image Burner that allows you to quickly write CD and DVD images.
The utility has a graphical interface but can be run from the command prompt
To start burning a CD or DVD ISO file immediately from command prompt, follow the simple steps:
isoburn /q drive:\file.iso
isoburn /q d:\data.iso
or, you can pass only the ISO file location and click the Burn button within the utility.
IS YOUR HARD DISK FULL
DONT WORRY STORE DATA ONLINE FOR FREE
1) Windows Live SkyDrive : Windows Live SkyDrive which debuted as Windows Live Folders also offers a pretty good amount of 25GB storage space. It’s more reliable and secured. You have to sign up using your Windows Live Id or Hotmail Id. the best part of it is you can access files from your mobile device as well as you can compress and download all your files as a compressed archive. The files can also be specified as public or private with links for sharing as well.
2) Google : Google’s various services like mail docs and Picasa together contribute to have a storage space of about 10 GB which is constantly increasing. By installing a simple extension we can use 7.5 GB Google’s email space as Hard Disk in our PC. Just install it and follow the instructions given and will show up as a separate hard disk in My Computer. very easy to use
3) Adrive : Adrive is another online file storage service with a whopping 50 GB of free storage and can extended to 10 TB with payment.
4) Dropbox : Dropbox can be used as client side software on our PC which offers 2 GB of online storage. Just install the software and drag and drop files to upload. The software will automatically upload all of your files when the computer is idle. The transmission of file data occurs over an encrypted channel (SSL) and all files are encrypted which is an added bonus. It even works with all major mobile platforms. good one
5) Amazon cloud Drive : If you just want a virtual drive for uploading videos, music docs or photos, you can use the Amazon Cloud drive. Your files can be neatly classified into categories in pre-existing folder structures and the service offers 5 GB of free space. However, files above 2 GB in size cannot be uploaded.
6) Others : Although I have listed only the major services here there are plenty of others too like Mozy, 4shared, Esnips, SafeSync, etc.
if you know more feel free to share it in comments
Task Manager is generally used to kill or end a process in Windows . This method is effective but not nearly as fun as killing a process in Command Prompt. And one more advantage of killing process using Command Prompt provides much more control and the ability to end multiple processes at once.
All of this is possible with the TaskKill command. You can kill a process by the process ID (PID) or by image name (EXE filename).
Open up an Administrative level Command Prompt and run tasklist to see all of the running processes:
Image Name PID Session Name Mem Usage
========================= ======== ================ ============
firefox.exe 26356 Console 139,352 K
regedit.exe 24244 Console 9,768 K
notepad.exe 24696 Console 22,028 K
notepad.exe 25304 Console 5,852 K
explorer.exe 2864 Console 72,232 K
cmd.exe 18664 Console 2,380 K
conhost.exe 2528 Console 7,852 K
In the example above you can see the image name and the PID for each process. If you want to kill the firefox process run:
C:\>Taskkill /IM firefox.exe /F
C:\>Taskkill /PID 26356 /F
The /f flag is kills the process forcefully.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
WWF is a new, green file format, that can’t be printed out.
It was developed as initiative to save trees and Discourage unnecessary printout of PDF files.Read more about WWF Format So,If you are sure for documents that dont need printing out,save them as WWF file and join “Save Trees” Campaign.
The Software is free to download for Windows Systems/Mac Systems and use it ,to save the file in wwf format. A WWF format file,can be read in any of the PDF readers ,but cant be printed. External User wont be even able to find the difference of file ,if wwf format is renamed to pdf format since ,every option seems to be the same except the printing option. Think Green and support the new campaign to save trees
RAM – Random Access Memory
is one of the main component of computer that is responsible for the process of the operating system.
Since all the Operating systems support Multiprocessing, hence require a good RAM speed.
Since all the current running processes are stored onto the RAM, it slows the system speed. Sometimes the process which have executed but are not required by the OS are stored on the RAM. So, here is a tricks to increase your RAM speed
We can clean the RAM just by using Notepad .
yes using notepad & no need to buy any software for that
The process is as follows.
save it as “CleanRAM.vbs” on desktop
Note: Type the name of file along with inverted commas
Run the file and your RAM may be free.
Of course you can edit the code in the file for a greater “cleaning-progress”.