Many of Computer users specially programmers needs to launch command prompt many times while to execute the DOS/shell commands.
The problem is that while a command prompt is launch default path is system or user's profile path. We need to use cd command to change our directory every time.
so to avoid this just follow steps given below:
- Click on Start.
- Then Click on Run.
- Type regedit in run box.
- Navigate to key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\Shell.
- Right Click on shell and select New > Key.
- Change the name of this key to command.
- Double click on default text the right window to bring up the edit box.
- Enter this text into value data field: cmd.exe "%1"
- Click on OK to close registry edit.